The best medic bag combines form and function in a single package. Thus, you’re getting two benefits for the price of one. By virtue of its name, the medic bag is integral to the emergency medical practitioner’s arsenal. Then again, you can use smaller models of the medic bag in the home for the purpose of first aid treatment.
Eventually, the design and function of the medic bag crossed over to the fashion side. Hence, its growing popularity among people who want a bag they can use to take to the office or elsewhere. In the field, this bag is meant to carry whatever is needed to perform emergency medical services. That’s why it has numerous pockets and a spacious interior. It also boasts of a tough exterior that’s typically made of canvas. So, it’s strong enough to withstand constant wear and tear on the job.
Imagine having the same qualities of a medic bag in your hands. You’ll have something sturdy. Moreover, it offers you a good amount of space so you don’t have to worry about leaving something behind. Best of all, today’s medic bags are also more stylish. So, it’s not just a utility bag.
Today’s market offers a lot of options for medic bags. Yet with so many choices, how do you know which one is the best for your needs? We highlight the top products in this category. Check out each one to find out what qualifies them to be on this list. This will also give you a clearer picture of what you should look for in the best medic bag.
Rothco Canvas Medic Bag/No Imprint
The Rothco Canvas Medic Bag can carry whatever you need for the day. It has enough room for your gadgets such as a tablet and a Smartphone. You can also bring the writing materials you want like notebooks, a binder, pens, and pencils. At the same time, bring snacks and bottled water with you wherever you need to go. That’s convenience you can count on.
The Rothco Canvas Medic Bag is made of cotton. Rest assured it’s tested to guarantee its durability. So you don’t have to be gentle with it. It’s even sturdy enough to carry your laptop. The product comes in five colors. Take your pick from Brown, Black, Khaki, Olive Drab, and Tiger Stripe Camouflage.
Rothco Vintage Canvas Medic Bag w/Cross
The authentic look of the Rothco Vintage Canvas Medic Bag w/Cross will definitely catch your eye. The front flap has the Red Cross insignia imprinted on it. The stonewashed canvas material makes it look even more realistic. Thus, you might forget you’re not really a medic once you put on the bag.
The bag measures 3.5 x 12.5 x 11 inches. So, it can be used for various purposes. The interior is spacious. Your child can use it as a school bag or you can take it along on a short pleasure trip. Thus, you can be sure it can stand up to whatever you’ve planned to use it for.
Technically speaking, the Rothco Vintage Canvas Medic Bag w/Cross can be used for its intended purpose. So yes it can handle a load of bandages and other necessary first aid equipment.
Rothco Vintage Medic Bag w/ Cross
This Vintage Medic Bag w/ Cross from Rothco highlights the brand’s prime qualities that are comfort and performance. So, you can be sure it can take on the roughest treatment without falling apart on you. Yet it’s still comfortable to carry around wherever you need to go.
The bag measures 3.5 x 12.5 x 11 inches. This product is available in 4 colors. Choose from Khaki Cross, Black, Olive Drab, or Olive Cross.
Voodoo Tactical Men’s Universal Medic Bag
The Voodoo Tactical Men’s Universal Medic Bag is actually a work bag designed to carry medical supplies. Hence, you’ll always have what you need within easy reach. Moreover, your gear is tightly secured in a convenient carrier.
The bag measures 11 (W) x 12 (T) x 4 (D) inches. It can easily fold-out into three compartments. These make it convenient for you to access your supplies quickly.
The material of the Voodoo Tactical Men’s Universal Medic Bag is waterproof. Thus, it can stand up to any weather condition you might encounter while you’re on the field.
Fox Outdoor Products German Medic Bag
The Fox Outdoor Products German Medic Bag is made of durable canvas. Hence, its construction is guaranteed to be tough. Hence, it can take on what you need as a full-time student or as a hardworking employee.
Nowadays, you have to carry more than just a pen and notebook. You also need to take a gadget or two along with you. Thus, you need a dependable bag. The product measures 12.5 X 11 X 3.5 inches.
It features leather straps on the front flap. Its shoulder strap is also adjustable so you can modify it according to your needs. For an authentic look, it features a print of the Red Cross logo on its flap.
What to look for
Getting the best medic bag is a great way to carry everything you need. It allows you to look stylish and practical at the same time. To make sure you get the best, it’s important that you keep in mind these factors. In doing so, you’ll have a better idea of what you should look for in a medic bag.
- Material – Medic bags are typically made of canvas, which was the standard material used for the earlier versions of it. Canvas was favored for its distinctive qualities. To begin with, it’s sturdy as the tight weave of its fibers adds to its durability. Hence, it can withstand continuous use for a long time. Apart from its sturdiness, the material is light weight and less expensive compared to other types of materials used for medic bags. Although higher quality canvas bags can be heavier. At the same time, these often feature a number of enhancements such as coloring or leather straps. These are not only meant as stylish embellishments as the leather trim is used to reinforce areas of the bag that are more prone to wear and tear. Some can even be treated to be water resistance. This is known as oilcloth.
- Size – Like most bags, this particular product also comes in various sizes. Thus, it’s best to assess beforehand how much stuff you would typically carry. This might vary from day to day. But don’t worry as you can expect to find a medic bag that’s big enough for you to carry what you need daily. Moreover, it won’t make you feel like you’re carrying a huge piece of luggage or several small bags.
- Shoulder Straps – The design of a medic bag features a strap that you put on your shoulder to carry it around. Ideally, you want one that’s durable to make sure it won’t snap while you’re carrying your bag. It’s also important that it’s comfortable so as not to chafe your shoulder. Preferably, it would be nice if the shoulder strap is made of leather or high-quality canvas. It’s also best to make sure the shoulder strap is adjustable to make it easier for you to modify its length depending on your height.
- Locks – The front flap of the medic bag typically features locks to secure the contents of the bag. Some bags use a quick-release buckle while others have leather closure straps. Regardless of what a bag might use, it’s important to check these for quality. This reassures you that the bag you’re getting won’t pop open and leave you vulnerable to theft.
- Price – As with every purchase you make, it’s important to decide beforehand how much your budget is. This ensures you won’t overspend. However, you don’t have to worry about limiting your choices as you’ll still be able to find a wide selection of products in your price range.
- Design – The original design of the medic bag is one of the main reasons why it’s popular. The style looks formal so you can take it with you to work. At the same time, it’s great to use for casual outings. Some medic bags have an imprint of the symbol for first aid service or the Red Cross sign.
Getting the best medic bag to meet your needs won’t be hard if you keep in mind the factors listed above. Each factor takes into account the best qualities you should look for in a medic bag. In doing so, your search won’t be in vain.
Before anything else, it’s best to set your budget. Once you have an idea of how much you want to spend, check what you plan to put inside the bag. This means evaluating what you bring with you to work or play on a day to day basis. This will help you decide on the appropriate size of bag to accommodate your belongings.
Afterward assess the qualities of a medic bag for its material, locks, shoulder straps, and design. It’s also helpful to check out these top products in this category. Perhaps one of these has the qualities you’re looking for in the best medic bag.