Getting the best infant bib saves you time from cleaning up a lot of the mess left behind during feeding time. As a parent, no doubt you’re familiar with how much food ends up on your baby at meal time. Moreover, you’ve likely experienced it firsthand. Hard as you try to make sure every bit of food you feed your baby is swallowed, it just doesn’t happen that way.
In this case, the infant bib comes in handy as it helps minimize the amount of food you’ll have to pick up afterward. Moreover, there’s lesser food to get on your baby’s clothes after feeding time. Yet this isn’t the only time you can use the infant bib.
This baby accessory also comes in handy if you’re child happens to be a drooler. Admittedly, this particular trait is adorable for babies. Yet once it turns into a game for your child, then their drool ends up on their clothes and you’ll have to clean it up.
If this happens while you’re out of the house and your baby’s wearing a special outfit for the occasion, you might end up changing it sooner than you wanted. So, any chance of taking a family picture with it is postponed until your next outing. The same is true if your child has a tendency to spit out milk or food after feeding. Changing out of wet clothes also helps prevent the occurrence of rashes especially if your baby has sensitive skin.
That’s why you should seriously consider the use of an infant bib. Yet like any other baby product, you’ll find a wide selection of it in the market today. So which one is the right one for your baby? We feature the top products in this category for your convenience.
BABYBJORN Soft Bib
The BABYBJORN Soft Bib is designed as a feeding bib to help make mealtimes with your baby less messy. Its deep spill pocket catches whatever food your baby inadvertently drops. Moreover, it won’t get deformed to let the food fall out.
Made of BPA-free plastic, the BABYBJORN Soft Bib is safe for baby to use. it’s not harmful in case your baby decides to take a bite out of it. The material also makes it easier to clean. Simply wash it in the sink. For your greater convenience, it’s also dishwasher safe.
For your baby’s comfort, the neckband of the BABYBJORN Soft Bib is adjustable. This means your child can enjoy using it beyond the infant years.
green sprouts Stay-dry Infant Bibs
The green sprouts Stay-dry Infant Bibs is a value pack you’ll appreciate because you won’t run out of infant bibs to use. Indeed, you won’t feel rushed with your laundry as this package includes 10 colorful pieces. So you can alternate colors to match what your baby’s wearing on a particular day.
Your baby will also enjoy it for its softness. The green sprouts Stay-dry Infant Bibs are made of a blend of cotton and polyester knitted terry shell. In addition, it has a waterproof lining. Thus, your baby stays dry from drool and spit.
Its hook-and-loop closure makes it easy to put on and take off your baby without struggling with it. Feel free to use green sprouts Stay-dry Infant Bibs for mealtime or as a protective cover for baby during the day.
Matimati Baby Bandana Bib Set
Say goodbye to drool and spit stained baby clothes with the Matimati Baby Bandana Bib Set. This product is designed to keep your baby dry with its absorbent polyester fleece material on the back. Yet the front is soft as it’s 100% organic cotton.
Hence, your baby will be comfortable and look adorable while wearing it. Each package contains 4 pieces with gender-neutral designs. To lock it into place, the Matimati Baby Bandana Bib Set has adjustable nickel-free snaps. Its adjustable feature means your baby can use it up to 24 months of age.
Waterproof Silicone Bib
Using the Waterproof Silicone Bib offers you the chance to reduce your laundry and water usage. Made of 100% food grade silicone, the Waterproof Silicone Bib is easy to clean after every meal. So it’s ready whenever you need it.
The Waterproof Silicone Bib also saves you from buying a bunch of feeding bibs. So it’s a good way to reduce clutter in your baby’s stuff. Interestingly, you can even take it along if you plan to take baby out for a meal. The bib easily rolls up. Moreover, the mess is contained inside until you have a chance to wash it.
The Waterproof Silicone Bib is lightweight and soft. So it’s comfortable for your baby to use because of its adjustable neckband.
Waterproof Baby Bibs with Snaps
The Waterproof Baby Bibs with Snaps from Maxy Moo Moo is your baby’s ideal companion throughout the day. The product will protect your baby from drool or spills from feeding. This is possible because of its construction that features triple layer protection. Thus, eliminating the possibility of getting rashes due to wetness.
For your baby’s comfort, it features snap fasteners instead of Velcro. So it won’t scratch and irritate baby’s skin. However, you don’t have to worry that your baby can easily remove it. Maxy Moo Moo is highly confident about their product, that they’re offering a lifetime baby proof guarantee for whatever reason you’re not satisfied with their Waterproof Baby Bibs with Snaps.
What to look for
Naturally, you only want to get the best infant bib for your baby. We want to help you get the right product to satisfy your specific needs. Moreover, one that your baby will be happy with. This means an infant bib that your child won’t try to remove every time you put it on.
We highlight the qualities you should look out for when shopping for the best infant bib. By doing so, you’ll be able to find the right product for you and your baby.
- Type – Infant bibs come in different types. It’s best to be aware of what each type has to offer. Moreover, when each one is best used for. By virtue of its name, the feeding bib would be your best friend at mealtime with your baby. It’s specifically designed to catch food as it falls while your baby is eating. Every morsel falls into the pocket at the end of the feeding bib. Hence, it keeps the mess off your baby’s clothes and off the floor. The smaller sized drool bib makes it convenient for baby to wear without being intrusive. So your baby can continue to play as this type of infant bib catches any drool that might fall. As a result, it keeps the baby’s clothes dry. For greater coverage, there’s also the long sleeved bib that looks like a smock. The size of this infant bib literally covers your baby from the neck down as well as the arms. Thus, leaving no chance for food to get onto your baby’s clothes.
- Purpose – Consider how you intend to use the bib. Do you want one for feeding time at home? Or do you want one that you can easily take along when you go out with the baby? If you plan to take it outdoors, then check if the infant bib you want is foldable. This ensures it’ll fit into your diaper bag. This is important, as you don’t have to take a separate with you just to bring it.
- Care – The purpose of using an infant bib is to save you time and trouble by reducing your laundry. Indeed, a messy baby means more items to wash. Ideally, an infant bib can either be wiped down, machine washable, or dishwasher safe. Make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions with regards to care.
- Comfort – The infant bib has to be comfortable or else your baby won’t use it. As a result, you’ll continue to deal with messes at meal times. Technically, you want an infant bib that your baby can’t remove. However, it shouldn’t be too snug at the neckline to irritate your baby. If this happens, you’ll end up removing the bib because your baby will likely not stop crying because of it. So, you’ll get more drama than before. Moreover, your baby might end up not eating which isn’t good.
- Design – You’ll have a wide selection of designs for infant bibs to choose from. Yet for this aspect, it would be helpful to consider what your baby might like. For instance, if your baby likes a particular character or superhero. Chances are there’s a product with the image on it. By getting this, there’s a better chance your baby will enjoy using the bib you bought.
- Material – Infant bibs are made using a wide variety of materials. You have your choice of plastic, the traditional towel or flexible PVC. Plastic is the typical material of feeding bibs while smock type bibs are usually made of flexible PVC. The traditional towel material is used as a feeding bib or drool bib.
Finding the best infant bib doesn’t have to be a big problem. By taking into consideration the following factors, you’ll be able to find the right product for you and your baby. With so many options for infant bibs, it’s best to decide your purpose for buying one. This will help narrow your choices to the particular type of infant bib you want to get.
Evaluate an infant bib for comfort and material. Read the instructions on how to care for it. Think about what design would be attractive to your baby. To make your search easier, consider checking out these top products in this category. Maybe one of them has the qualities you want in the best infant bib.Was this article helpful?