The best hair tie is an accessory that you likely can’t live without. This is particularly true if you have medium length to long hair. Then again, even those with short hair can find a use for it. It’s useful on days when you want your hair up and away from your face. On the other hand, the hot weather could be wreaking havoc on your hair so it’s best to keep it tied rather than leave it loose and frizzy.
Indeed, the hair tie might be small. However, it serves a practical function that women of all ages can truly appreciate. To a certain extent, even men are thankful for its utility. In fact, history reveals men were the first to use the predecessor of today’s hair ties.
Over time, the hair tie retains its practicality. Yet now it’s become more than that. Indeed, it’s also a fashionable accessory. Hence, its timeless popularity and the growing selection of products in this category. To date, you can find a variety of hair ties made out of different materials. You also have your choice of style.
You can buy a hair tie style fit for a young girl. Alternatively, you can get a hair tie that’s sophisticated for you to wear to the office. Then again, you can also find one for a more casual look. Indeed, you’ll have your choice of hair tie depending on what you wish for.
While this is good news, it also poses a problem. With so many choices, how do you know which one is the best hair tie for you? We highlight the top products in the hair tie category to give you an idea of what the best hair tie is. Moreover, what the best hair tie should do for you.
Scunci Effortless Beauty Large No-damage Pastel Elastics
This hair tie product lives up to its name because you can take it with you to work or when you’re out having fun. Indeed, you won’t have problems putting your hair up with the Scunci Effortless Beauty Large No-damage Pastel Elastics.
For your greater convenience, the Scunci Effortless Beauty Large No-damage Pastel Elastics features soft metal elastic. This ensures it’ll hold your hair firmly without damaging it. The band stretches well enough so they don’t snap as you put it on. So, there’s a good chance this product will end up being your favorite.
Each pack of the Scunci Effortless Beauty Large No-damage Pastel Elastics has 30 pieces. So you can throw in a pack in your bag and you’ll always have one handy when you need it. The product is available in three colors. Choose between Pastel, Black, and Multi Color.
Goody – Ouchless No Metal Gentle Elastics
You won’t say ouch anymore with this hair tie product from Goody. These ouchless no metal gentle elastics promise as much. Thus, it’s the ideal choice if you have thin to medium hair. So you won’t have a problem putting it on and taking it off.
Each pack has 72 pieces. So, you’ll certainly have at least one close at hand when you need it. You’ll even have your choice of color from red, yellow, blue, and more. Thus, you can choose a color to match your mood on any given day.
Interestingly, this product can also be used for doll or dog hair. So, you and your pet can wear matching hair ties. Wouldn’t that be awesome?
HipGirl Boutique Girls Hair Bow Ties Ponytail Holders
The HipGirl Boutique Girls Hair Bow Ties Ponytail Holders is more than just a cute accessory. Indeed, this product is sturdy enough to use for the entire day. So you don’t have to worry about any loose strands falling down. Moreover, it’s one hair tie that can take on any type of hair.
Your little girl will love how the HipGirl Boutique Girls Hair Bow Ties Ponytail Holders look. In addition, they’ll like how it feels on their hair. Chances are you might like it yourself especially on days when you want to add a cute accessory to your attire.
Goody Ouchless Elastic Hair Bands, No-metal
The Goody Ouchless Elastic Hair Bands measure 4 mm so it’s the right size for hair that’s medium to thick. So, you don’t have to put up with your hair down the whole day. You can confidently put into a ponytail with this product.
One of the best features of the Goody Ouchless Elastic Hair Bands is the fact it has no metal band. Chances are you might’ve had the unfortunate experience of getting your hair pulled when it gets caught on the hair tie’s metal band. Well, you can say goodbye to those times with this product.
The Goody Ouchless Elastic Hair Bands come in two sizes. Choose from a pack of 1, which contains 17 pieces, or the pack of 2. Keep in the mind there is a price difference between the 2 sizes.
Scunci No-slip Grip Evolution Bright Jelly Ponytailers
The problem with most hair ties is that they sometimes slip after a few hours of use. Well, you don’t have to worry about that with the Scunci No-slip Grip Evolution Bright Jelly Ponytailers. This hair tie product is not only slip-proof it also won’t hurt your hair.
So enjoy your day playing sports without worrying that your hair falls down your face. This is also great to use when you’re waiting for your hair to grow out. The wait might be long but chances are the bright colors of the Scunci No-slip Grip Evolution Bright Jelly Ponytailers will keep you in good spirits.
The product is available in 2 colors. Take your pick from Bright Colors or Multi Color. Each pack contains 14 pieces. So, you can choose a different color every day.
What to look for
The best hair tie is your best friend. On days when your hair isn’t cooperating or on days when you want a change of style. It’s always within reach to give you a hand. Yet finding the right one can be confusing. With so many choices, you could end up with something you’re not going to be happy with in the end.
To make your search easy, we highlight the factors you should keep in mind when shopping. In no time, you’ll be able to sift through the numerous products in this category with a clear idea of what you want.
- Hair – Your hair is your primary consideration when choosing a hair tie. You’ll have to take into account the unique qualities of your hair. To begin with, check thickness. Some people have thicker hair than others. If you do have thick hair, then you’ll want to get a hair tie that can hold it without snapping. This could happen if you try to force thick hair into a flimsy ponytail. If you do manage to do so, then you might only be able to do a half ponytail. Alternatively, using a big hair tie on thin hair would only emphasize how think your hair really is. This isn’t attractive to look at. Aside from thickness, you should also check your hair texture. Is your hair coarse or fine? Determining this would help you in choosing the type of material or fabric you want for your hair tie.
- Material – Hair ties are made using a variety of materials. Elastic is the basic material of most hair ties sold in the market today. However, some have an additional covering like fabric to cover its fundamental design. The fabric is also helpful as it lessens the chances that the elastic will pull your hair.
- Elasticity – Ideally you want a hair tie with adequate stretch ability. This makes it easy to put on without hurting yourself. Indeed, some products are elastic but they don’t stretch as much as they should. As a result, you’ll end up with a painful line around your fingers from trying to pull it too much. This is painful, at the same time, it’s very frustrating. At times, pulling it too much might cause it to snap.
- Style – The hair ties nowadays aren’t only functional. These are also very stylish. Styles of hair ties are no longer just for the young girls. There are now styles that will attract even the sophisticated woman. Hence, you can find a hair tie for your special evening date when you need one.
- Portability – One of the nice things about a hair tie is the fact that you easily take it with you wherever you go. In fact, you simply need to put it around your wrist then take it off when you need to pull up your hair.
The hair tie is a significant accessory for women. Yet even men can benefit from its use. The best hair tie will give you a nice ponytail without you looking more of a mess than you did before. When shopping for the best hair tie, remember to keep in mind these factors to guarantee that you’ll get what you want.
Before you start, assess your own hair for thickness and texture. Knowing the unique qualities of your hair will give you a better idea of which hair tie would complement it best. In addition, evaluate hair ties based on their elasticity and portability.
Your search could get tricky with all the styles of hair ties you’ll encounter. So, it’s best to decide in advance what style you have in mind. Moreover, you’d consider when and where you intend to use the hair tie. Do you plan to wear it every day or do you want one for special occasions?
To help you further, remember to check out these top products. One of them might be the best hair tie you want to get.