Using the best grill mat lets you enjoy your barbecue without worrying about clean up afterward. Moreover, everything you put on the grill comes off easily. You’ll be able to enjoy every bite.
Getting the best grill mat is also the healthier choice for you. Traditionally, you need to wipe the grill with oil so food won’t stick. Its non-stick surface creates tastier meals that actually turn out good for you. If you’re planning to buy this but aren’t sure how to choose one, we feature the top products in this category to bring you up to date.
KONA Best BBQ Grill Mat
You’ll be glad you bought the KONA Best BBQ Grill Mat. It’s the perfect addition to your barbecue grill. With a thickness of 0.39 mm, it can withstand up to 600 degrees. You can even use it up to a thousand times on both sides and still get amazing results. Set it on the grill grate at 7 inches over the burner and then get cooking.
The KONA Best BBQ Grill Mat also works in the oven or in the microwave. Interestingly, it can even cook your pizza. Each purchase comes with a hassle-free money back guarantee.
Grillaholics Grill Mat
The Grillaholics Grill Mat still manages to give your food the grill marks you desire from a barbecue. But don’t worry as it’s not too thin to burn your meat. Indeed, you’ll feel like a professional when using it.
The Grillaholics Grill Mat can stand up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s made of PTFE-Fiberglass coating. Each purchase comes with two pieces of grill mat, each measuring 15.75 x 13 inches. You can reuse the mat and grill with it using both sides of it. It works with gas, charcoal, or an electric grill.
Twisted Chef BBQ Grill Mat
Kickback and relax after a barbecue with friends and let the dishwasher handle the Twisted Chef BBQ Grill Mat. Grilling has never been this easy. Whether you’re grilling in your backyard or the public park, you’ll get to enjoy every bit of food you lay down on the grill.
Best of all you don’t have to worry about flame-ups. With the Twisted Chef BBQ Grill Mat, meats retain their juices while cooking. Thus, you get a juicy bite every time. Each purchase comes with 3 pieces of grill mat. Each mat measures 15.75 x 13 x 0.02 inches.
What to look for
We feature the top factors you should consider when shopping for the best grill mat.
- Thickness – Your grill mat shouldn’t be too thick or too thin. If it’s too thick then the cooking surface won’t heat evenly. As a result, your cooking might not turn out right. Alternatively, using a very thin product would heat up quickly and burn your food before it cooks through. Ideally, you should get one measuring a minimum of .25 mm thick so it can collect and disperse heat simultaneously.
- Care – While it does save you from brushing off burnt meat from the barbecue grill, you’ll still need to clean your grill mat. Find out if it’s dishwasher safe.
- Versatility – The grill mat isn’t just for the barbecue grill. Several products can also be used in the oven as a baking mat or cookie sheet. You can even use one as a microwave liner. This versatility is a great way to maximize the use of your purchase.
- Size – It’s best to get a large-sized grill mat. You can easily cut this to size with a pair of scissors. The largest size on the market to date is 13 x 17 inches.
- PTFE – PTFE is polytetrafluoroethylene. Ideally, you want a grill mat with extra PTFE. Check the surface. The PTFE on a quality mat is barely visible on top of the fiberglass cloth. This extra coating makes for a slick mat. Professional chefs favor this as it makes cleaning easier.
You’ll enjoy a great tasting barbecue with the best grill mat. Keep in mind these factors while you shop to get grilling sooner. Get a minimum thickness of .25 mm. Check the manufacturer’s instructions on care. Assess a product’s versatility. Opt for a larger sized grill mat so you can adapt it to a variety of uses. Check the amount of PTFE in the product.
To help you further, remember to check out these top products in this category. Perhaps one of these has the qualities you want in the best grill mat.Was this article helpful?