Having the best cupcake carrier means you’ll be able to take your baked goodies anywhere without fear. The renaissance of the cupcake in the last decade has made it a favorite treat among the young and old. Hence, it’s one of the top selling products in many professional bake shops to date.
At the same time, it’s a recipe you can easily make at home. This is the reason why even amateur bakers are making it for their family and friends. Eventually, some choose to expand their operations and take orders. This is a big opportunity for any home baker. Indeed, it’s a chance to make money doing something enjoyable. In this case, it’s important to put their best foot forward.
Cupcakes are delicious, colorful, and its size makes it ideal for a single serve. Hence, everyone has their very own small cake all to themselves. But imagine making your delivery without using the best cupcake carrier?
Chances are the cupcakes could end up in a mess if you just put them all together in a box. The liners on a cupcake won’t be enough to protect it or keep it from sliding around in a regular container. Thus, you’ll definitely need the best cupcake carrier when transporting these precious baked goodies.
This product will make sure each cupcake you make looks just as good right after you frosted it. The design of a typical cupcake carrier features individual wells that’ll cradle each precious treat you made. So, you can rest assured your cupcakes get to where you’re going safely and deliciously good.
Today’s market has a huge selection of cupcake carriers. Yet which one is for you? We highlight the top products in this category to give you a better idea of what the best has to offer you.
Cupcake Courier 36-Cupcake Plastic Storage Container
Can you imagine taking 36 pieces of cupcake whenever and wherever you need to make a delivery? Moreover, imagine being able to do this every time? Well, it can be your reality with the Cupcake Courier 36-Cupcake Plastic Storage Container. This product gives you 3 trays and each tray accommodates 12 cupcakes. Simply fill each tray with cupcakes then stack them on top of one another.
For your security, the bottom features 4 latches that lock it securely in place. This guarantees your treats won’t fall to the floor while you’re carrying them. For you convenience, it also comes with a comfortable handle. So you can easily hold it in one hand.
Interestingly, the Cupcake Courier 36-Cupcake Plastic Storage Container can also double as a cake carrier. Just take out the trays, place in the cake, cover and then you’re on your way. You can also put muffins in the trays instead. This product is available in two colors namely Soft Blue Sky and Petal Pink.
Nordic Ware Cakes and Cupcakes Carrier
The Nordic Ware Cakes and Cupcakes Carrier is a versatile product. Its bottom gives you two options. The flat side is ideal for carrying a variety of cakes. The cupcake holders on the reverse side make sure your treats won’t shuffle during transport.
The product is made of BPA-free and Melamine free plastic. It comes in the color red and the edge of the bottom layer has a scalloped edge.
So it’s a definite eye catcher once you set it on the table and take off the cover. Voila, your cupcakes are already served in a stylish tray. Its snap locking handles are located on opposite sides of the tray. The product measures 16.2 x 11 x 4.8 inches and weighs 1.8 pounds.
Prepworks by Progressive Collapsible Cupcake and Cake Carrier
Progressive is a brand known for delivering fun yet inventive tools for the kitchen. So, you can expect nothing less from its Collapsible Cupcake and Cake Carrier. This product gives you great flexibility if you need to transport baked goods.
You can fit 24 cupcakes inside on its tiered trays. If you need to deliver a cake, round or square, simply take out the trays. The lid attaches securely to the base with clips.
The product measures 16.1 x 16.1 x 6 inches and weighs 3.3 pounds. Best of all it’s dishwasher safe. In addition, you can take it apart for easy storage as it shrinks to a height 5 inches.
Wilton Ultimate 3-In-1 Cupcake Caddy and Carrier
The product measures 14 x 17 x 7 inches and weighs 3.4 pounds. This gives you the versatility you need to carry a wide variety of baked goods. So it’s a convenient addition to your kitchen equipment. You can easily fit a 9 x 13-inch cake on the flat side of the tray. The reverse features a cupcake holder that can hold up to 24 pieces of small cakes or 12 standard sized cupcakes or muffins.
The high sides of its see-through cover won’t disturb the frosting on any of your baked treats. It locks to the base securely with four latches.
Snapware 6032 Large 2 Layer-Cupcake Keeper
This cupcake carrier is a keeper as it promises to protect your baked treats while you travel. Its two stackable trays can carry up to 24 pieces of cupcakes. Each cupcake fits securely in a cup. So you’re certain they won’t get shuffled inside the carrier.
For greater security, the trays latch on to one another. The cover with handle locks securely to the top layer. The product measures 7.5 x 10.2 x 14.5 inches and weighs 2.9 pounds. Alternatively, you can use its bottom layer to carry cookies or muffins.
What to look for
The best cupcake carrier reassures you that your cupcakes will get to their destination safe and sound. Thus, all your hard work will be worth it as everyone will get to enjoy them in the same way you made it.
To make sure you’re getting the best cupcake carrier, we specify the important features you should look out for while shopping for one.
- Capacity – Take your pick of cupcake carriers that can carry twelve pieces or as much as three dozen. Cupcake carriers that can carry 36 cupcakes at a time are stackable. You can opt to choose one carrier with multiple levels. This might be too heavy to lift all at once given the total weight of all its contents. However, this is convenient as opposed to juggling 3 separate carriers each containing 12 pieces of cupcakes.
- Lock – If you choose to select a large capacity cupcake carrier, it’s important to consider the kind of lock a product has. Check the lock’s quality to find out if it can hold the cupcake carrier tightly. Make sure it isn’t loose or else you risk having all your hard work go to waste if the carrier lock fails. Ideally, you’d want a carrier with locks that secure the cover to the base.
- Handle – Typically, cupcake carriers have a handle so you simply need to pick it up and go. However, before you do make sure the handle is fastened securely to the carrier. The last thing you want is to have a carrier full of cupcakes fall and you’re left holding just the handle.
- Well Depth – Not all cupcake carriers are built the same way. Hence, the depth of the wells meant to hold individual cupcakes varies among brands. Some trays feature rings to designate the areas for the cupcakes. These might be too shallow and your cupcakes could end up shuffling inside. However, a well that’s too deep would make it harder to fish out the treats. Thus, you might end up with more frosting on your fingers than you’d want to have.
- Height Clearance – Cupcakes become extra special because of the frosting on top of it. Bakers painstakingly do their best to make it look good and taste delicious. So you want to make sure the frosting stays the way it is even after you transport it. Here’s where height clearance comes into consideration. Ideally, you want to check how much space there is between the cover and the tray as well as between the trays. This ensures the frosting won’t get squished underneath the cover or between the trays.
- Price – Prior to starting your search, it’s best to decide how much you want to spend for the best cupcake carrier. Rest assured that setting a budget won’t limit your choices. In fact, the market has a lot of cupcake carriers to offer given any price range. Moreover, it’ll give you a better chance of finding a cupcake carrier that you can afford yet it still meets your requirements.
- Versatility – Some cupcake carriers can also be used to carry other types of baked goods. Hence, the option to get a product like this can give you great versatility. Thus, you’ll be able to get a lot of use out of just one product.
Getting the best cupcake carrier will be easy if you keep in mind these factors while you shop. Settle on a budget that you’ll be comfortable working with. Don’t worry as you’ll still find a wide selection of products but within your price range.
Once you settle on a budget, then it’s time to consider other factors critical to your cupcake carrier. To begin with, determine how many cupcakes you want it to carry. Once you figure out the capacity you need, assess each product for well depth and height clearance. Afterward, inspect the lock to make sure it can securely hold your cupcakes.
As an option, cupcake carriers can also be used to transport other types of baked goods. So, if you’re not limited to share only one kind of treat. To help you further, remember to look at the top products in this category. Chances are one of them is the best cupcake carrier you’re want to have.Was this article helpful?