The best bookcase is necessary for every home. Despite the digital age, the feel of reaching for a book from your own bookcase is incomparable. Yet the best bookcase can serve as more than just a place to display your printed book collection. In fact, it can also hold your other precious belongings. Thus, it would stand as a testament to your personal style.
The market to date offers many choices and these might confuse you even more. So, where do you begin your search? To start with, check out these top products in this category.
South Shore Axess Collection 5-Shelf Bookcase
The South Shore Axess Collection 5-Shelf Bookcase combines form and function. Its contemporary style and sleek finish make it a perfect accessory for any room of your home. Thus, you can use it for books and decorative items as well. Three of its five shelves are adjustable.
Assembly is required. Moreover, assembly calls for two adults to do it. Take note, the package doesn’t include the tools you’ll need to do this. When assembled, the South Shore Axess Collection 5-Shelf Bookcase measures 31 x 12 x 71 inches. It weighs 66 pounds. Alternatively, you can purchase this product and pay extra for expert assembly.
The South Shore Axess Collection 5-Shelf Bookcase is available in nine colors. Choose from Royal Cherry, Chocolate, Country Pine, Morgan Cherry, Natural Maple, Pure Black, Pure White, Pure White and Turquoise, Royal Cherry, and Soft Gray. Your purchase comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Sauder Harbor View Bin Bookcase
You’ll be happily surprised by the quality and durability of the Sauder Harbor View Bin Bookcase. The product measures 43.1 x 15.5 x 33.5 inches. But don’t be fooled by its size as it offers a lot of storage space. Its bin design makes it ideal for any child’s room. You can use the bottom to store stuffed toys or blankets.
The Sauder Harbor View Bin Bookcase is available in two colors. Choose from Salted Oak or Soft White. All sides of the bookcase come finished. Thus, you can place it anywhere on any side, confidently. Take note, some assembly is required. But don’t worry, at best you’ll only need a screwdriver and hammer for the task. However, if you run into any problems, their customer service line is only a call away.
Casual Home 3 Shelf Folding Stackable Bookcase
The construction of the Casual Home 3 Shelf Folding Stackable Bookcase is 100% solid wood. So, it’s sturdy and will last for a long time. Moreover, its classic styling guarantees it stays trendy. Although it’s solid wood, this bookcase won’t be cumbersome to move around as it only weighs 28 pounds.
The product measures 11.5 x 27.5 x 38 inches. As an added convenience, it already comes assembled. It’s also foldable for easy storage. Adding more shelves is easy as it’s stackable. The Casual Home 3 Shelf Folding Stackable Bookcase is available in two styles, Mission Style and Montego Style.
Choose from three sizes namely 14 inches, 20 inches, or 27 inches. The Mission Style is available in seven colors. Take your pick from Natural, Honey Oak, Mahogany, Walnut, Espresso, Black, and White.
What to look for
Shopping for the best bookcase doesn’t have to be hard if you take into account these factors. Each factor highlights a quality that you should think about when planning your purchase. Thus, you’ll be able to set apart what you want and don’t want easily.
- Size – Consider the area where you plan to put the bookcase. Measure the dimensions to make sure you get a size that’ll fit or is slightly smaller. The last thing you want is to buy something that’s too big. Moreover, a bookcase that blocks foot traffic in your home.
- Scale – Take into account the existing furniture in your home. In particular, the room where you plan to put the bookcase. While getting something big can make a statement, it might stick out like a sore thumb if it’s scale isn’t proportionate to the rest of your furniture.
- Material – You’ll have your pick of material when it comes to bookcases. You can opt for a solid hardwood or metal bookcase. These are sturdy and last a long time with proper care. However, it’s a major investment up front. In addition, it’s harder to move around a bookcase made of either type of material as they’re heavy. Plywood and wood veneers are the cost-effective options. Plus, these are lighter and easier to move around. Your material choice should also take into account the existing décor of the room.
- Doors – Bookcases typically have an open design. However, this attracts dust. If you’re not keen on dusting, then you could consider a bookcase with doors. Apart from keeping dust out, it can also serve as a hiding place for clutter just in case unexpected company drops by.
- Customizable – You can get a fixed bookcase or one that you can customize according to your needs. This means adjustable shelves that you can move around to make sure your items fit.
The best bookcase can help organize your home. Thus, you’ll have a place to store and display what you own. To make sure you find the best product to suit your needs, be sure to keep in mind these factors. Check the size and scale of the piece you want. Decide on a material. Consider if you want doors or not. Do you want to be able to customize the shelves?
To help you further, check out the top products in this category. Perhaps, one of these has the qualities you want in the best bookcase.Was this article helpful?