If you enjoy eating bread, then the best bagel slicer would be a godsend for you. No doubt, you’re familiar with the difficulties of eating a bagel. Trying to cut through it can be a chore. The bagel is dense compared to other types of bread. Using a regular bread knife to slice it can even be dangerous. Especially, if you’re not skilled enough. It becomes more risky, if it’s your first time doing it.
Yet if you do manage to slice it in half, chances are your cut would be uneven. So, when you toast both sides the outcome would also be unequal. The thinner slice could end up being burnt to crisp. Meanwhile, the thicker slice might get crisp on the outside. However, because it’s chunky the inside could still be cold.
Thus, you could really use the help of the best bagel slicer. Imagine eating breakfast with two equal slices of bagel. Better yet, picture yourself during lunchtime at your desk with the perfect bagel sandwich. It’s easier to fill a bagel when you have two equal slices. You’re guaranteed the contents are secure since the sandwich isn’t lopsided.
So, when you think about it, a bagel slicer isn’t a frivolous purchase. In fact, it becomes a necessity especially if you love bread. The safety it provides would be worth it. Your search for a bagel slicer would be easy. The market has a wide selection of products in this category.
Yet that’s where your problem lies. Which is the best? For your convenience, we feature the top choices for bagel slicers to give you a better idea of what the best can do for you.
Hoan Bagel Guillotine Slicer
From now on, cutting your bagels becomes effortless with the Hoan Bagel Guillotine Slicer. Indeed, you don’t have to waste your time trying to balance the bagel on its side while attempting to slice it in half.
Because of the distinct construction of this product, you simply place the bagel in the slot of the base. The base of the Hoan Bagel Guillotine Slicer is wide so it won’t wobble while you’re using it.
Afterward, push the handle of the blade down for a sure slice without fear of cutting yourself. The high carbon stainless steel blade is coated with non-stick XYLAN so it’s durable. It has a serrated cutting edge. So, every slice you make is smooth.
The product measures 3.9 x 7 x 9.2 inches and weighs 1.6 pounds. You can also cut various types of bread with the Hoan Bagel Guillotine Slicer like buns, muffins, and rolls. The product comes in three colors. Choose from white, red, or silver.
White Plastic and Stainless Steel Bagel Slicer Guillotine
The White Plastic and Stainless Steel Bagel Slicer Guillotine gives you perfection every time. This is because the serrated edge of its stainless steel blade won’t squash the bagel down. In addition, you won’t have a hard time using it because of its comfortable handle. So you simply push it down into the slot where your bagel awaits.
The design of the White Plastic and Stainless Steel Bagel Slicer Guillotine guarantees your hands never go near the blade. Solid brass rivets keep the clear acrylic guard in place. Its wide base adds stability while you slice.
The product measures 7 x 3.8 x 9 inches and weighs 1.3 pounds. You’ll be very happy with the quality of the White Plastic and Stainless Steel Bagel Slicer Guillotine that you might want to give it as a gift to a fellow bagel lover.
Bread slicer Yummy Sam Foldable and Adjustable Bread Toast Slicer Bagel Slicer
The Yummy Sam foldable and adjustable bread slicer gives any bread lover great flexibility in the kitchen. Indeed, this one product can handle any type of bread you want to slice. Of course, the true test of its quality is its ability to slice a bagel.
Made of high-quality ABS resin, the Yummy Sam bread slicer is easy to use. You can adjust it to accommodate any size of a bagel. When you’re done, simply fold it and set aside until you need it again.
Apart from bread, you can also use the Yummy Sam bread slicer for vegetables, ham, or cheese. You’ll appreciate that versatility in your kitchen. Moreover, it gives you value for your money.
The product measures 7 x 6.3 x 1.3 inches and weighs 3.5 ounces. Its anti-skid design guarantees you that it won’t slide while you’re using it. The Yummy Sam bread slicer has no built-in blade. So, you’ll need to have a good knife when using it. But don’t worry as your fingers are kept away from the knife while you cut.
Fox Run 4089 Bagel Cutter/Holder
The Fox Run 4089 Bagel Cutter/Holder will set you free from your daily struggles with your breakfast bagel. It’s your helpful guide to get two perfect slices of bagel every day. You don’t have to worry about the knife slipping while you’re holding the bread. Thus, you’ll start the day with a big smile.
The product measures 5.4 x 5.2 x 2.9 inches and weighs 11.2 ounces. The Fox Run 4089 Bagel Cutter/Holder is made of durable rubberwood. It’s colored beige. The product doesn’t come with a knife.
Tablecraft Firm Grip Bagel Cutter
You’ll end up eating more bagels with the Tablecraft Firm Grip Bagel Cutter. Its unique design doesn’t require the use of a separate stand. So you don’t have to bother with a lot of gadgets. Simply take it out of the drawer and start slicing.
The ergonomic design of the Tablecraft Firm Grip Bagel Cutter gives you a good handle while cutting. So, rest assured every slice won’t endanger you. The product measures 8 x 2 x 1.2 inches and weighs 0.8 ounces. It’s lightweight but durable. Moreover, it’s dishwasher safe.
What to look for
Enjoying your bagel doesn’t have to be frustrating. Moreover, you don’t have to get hurt in the process. Hence, the convenience of having the best bagel slicer in your kitchen drawer. With it, you’re able to get pleasure from your bagel sandwich. It’s a simple joy. But worth it.
To make sure you’re getting the best bagel slicer. At the same time, value for your money. We itemize the various features of this product that you need to pay attention to when shopping. In doing so, you’ll be able to make a thorough evaluation of your choices. In the end, you’ll have the best bagel slicer that’ll make you wonder how you managed without it for so long.
- Safety – Cutting bagels is a safety issue for regular people. Unlike trained personnel at a sandwich shop, you don’t have the proper training to do this. Thus, you certainly want a bagel slicer that puts your safety first. Check what features a product has to make sure you’re protected as you slice. In some products, the blade for cutting is enclosed within a protective guard. Hence, your hands never go near the blade as it carries out its job. For upright models of the bagel slicer, make sure it features a non-slip base. This helps secure the product on your working surface as you cut. The safety features of a product should enhance its effectiveness so you can enjoy your bagel even more.
- Blade – Some bagel slicers come with their own blade while the construction of others only serves as a guide. This means you would need to have your own knife, preferably a good one, to cut the bagel while it sits inside it. For bagel slicers with blades, it’s likely you’ll eventually need to replace this once it gets dull. If so, then check beforehand how it’s done. When that time comes, would it be riskier for you to do it? If yes, then would you buy another product to avoid doing it? Then again, the blade of some products doesn’t need to be replaced as they remain sharp, regardless of use.
- Durability – Bagels can be tough, especially those that are a day or so old. In this case, you want a solid product that delivers every time. You certainly won’t get value for your money with a flimsy product that gives way after just a few days of slicing bagels. Of course, you also want one that’s easy to use. Yet at the same time, it should be durable. This ensures you can enjoy an equal slice of bagel for a long time.
- Flexibility – As an avid bagel lover, you’re aware that their thickness can vary. This can happen even if you buy from just one bread store. Ideally, you want a bagel slicer that can adjust to varying thicknesses. In this manner, the bagel slicer can manage any thickness you want to slice. Moreover, it’ll give you a clean cut every time.
- Operation – You have a choice of getting a bagel slicer that cuts vertically or horizontally. Each option has something to offer. Typically, a number of upright bagel slicers aren’t as adjustable when it comes to accommodating different thicknesses of bagels. Horizontal bagel slicers might require a bit more skill to use. Your one hand presses down on the cover atop the bagel while your other hand slices.
- Care – As with any kitchen equipment, keeping your bagel slicer clean is a must. Preferably, you’ll want one that’s dishwasher safe. This makes it convenient to use. Moreover, it’s safer as don’t need to take it apart and handle the blade just to get it clean. If it’s difficult and dangerous to clean then you might be better off looking for other options.
Taking your love of bread to the next level becomes easier with the best bagel slicer in your kitchen. To make sure you’re getting the best product to meet your needs, keep in mind these factors. Examine what safety features a product has to offer. Check the blade that comes with it or if you need to have a good knife just for it.
Determine its durability and ability to adjust to varying thicknesses of bagels. Consider how it works and what type of care it needs to remain effective. To help make your search easier, make sure to check out these top products in this category. Perhaps one of these could be the best bagel slicer that meets your specific requirements.Was this article helpful?