The best anti dandruff conditioner can significantly boost the effects of an anti dandruff shampoo. Yet, interestingly, using an anti-dandruff conditioner is not a common practice even among women. Chances are, your anti-dandruff treatment ends after you shampoo.
However, doing so would limit the effectiveness of you anti-dandruff treatment. Quite often, anti-dandruff shampoos are medicated. As a result, it has a tendency to strip off the natural moisture of the scalp. Hence, its formula can be strong for your hair.
This is where the best anti dandruff conditioner comes in to save your hair from further damage. Its special formulation works to moisturize and hydrate your hair. In addition, it clears away excess sebum and further eliminates bacteria or fungus that can cause dandruff. More importantly, it’s designed to fortify hair and soothe the scalp. In this manner, it promotes the growth of stronger, healthier hair.
Thus, finishing your hair treatment with an anti dandruff conditioner is necessary. By doing so, you can enjoy a longer lasting remedy. Then again, you might wonder if using a cosmetic conditioner following your anti dandruff shampoo is a good alternative. Experts recommend otherwise as these can’t offer you the same benefits as an anti dandruff conditioner.
As expected, finding the best anti dandruff conditioner won’t be easy. Today’s market offers numerous options and each one has something to offer that would catch your interest. To guide you in your search, we feature the top anti dandruff conditioners sold to date. Perhaps one of these could be the one you want.
Head and Shoulders Green Apple Conditioner
Head and Shoulders is a well-known brand in the fight against dandruff. Indeed, it’s highly recommended by dermatologists. So you can be certain you can trust it to work for you. Head and Shoulders Green Apple Conditioner is designed to leave your hair smelling like an orchard. At the same time, it does so much more.
You get the trademark Head and Shoulders anti dandruff treatment. In addition, your hair gets the extra help it deserves to stay beautiful and smooth. So you can say goodbye to oily scalp. This is good news during the summer months. It’s even safe to use on colored or chemically treated hair.
What’s more, this particular offering from Head and Shoulders gives you two bottles at once. So that’s extra care and protection for you and your family. Each bottle contains 13.5 fluid ounces. Its active ingredient is Pyrithione Zinc 0.5%.
Maple Holistics Tea Tree Oil Conditioner
Maple Holistics Tea Tree Oil Conditioner uses the power of nature to help you fight dandruff. Its special formulation is reminiscent of a spa treatment. It utilizes a blend of three essentials oils, namely, lavender, rosemary, and tea tree, each known to ease a variety of scalp problems.
Apart from getting a natural anti dandruff treatment, you’ll also feel an improvement in your hair’s texture and richness. This is because of its added conditioning agents that also come from nature such as jojoba, argan oils, and keratin to name a few. This gives you a gentle yet effective and more importantly, natural anti dandruff treatment. So feel free to use it every day without fear of drying your scalp.
You can use the Maple Holistics Tea Tree Oil Conditioner to complement your regular shampoo. Don’t be surprised if you feel a cool tingling sensation while using it. This is natural and it means it’s doing its job.
The Maple Holistics Tea Tree Oil Conditioner works for men and women. It’s also safe to use on color treated hair. Apart from dandruff, this product is also beneficial if you suffer from falling, thinning, or damaged hair. Each bottle contains 8 ounces.
Clear Conditioner, Complete Scalp Care Anti dandruff
The conditioner is part of Clear’s complete scalp care anti dandruff treatment program. Its formulation includes cucumber that relieves dryness and mint for a refreshing feeling. It’s recommended to use this along with the brand’s matching shampoo. With daily use, you can look forward to a less itchy scalp. Moreover, you’ll be noticeably flake free. Yet your hair will remain moisturized.
The active ingredient of this Clear Conditioner with Cucumber and Mint is Pyrithione Zinc (0.5%). So, you’re certain it won’t leave any build up on your scalp like other anti dandruff conditioners often do. In addition, your hair won’t appear oily. Apart from that, your hair smells good and feels softer. It’s ideal for all types of hair but is highly beneficial for taming frizzy tresses.
The product measures 2.1 x 2.8 x 8.8 inches. Each bottle contains 12.7 ounces. With Clear Conditioner, you can look forward to a nourished scalp.
Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Conditioner
You’ll love the way Head and Shoulders’ Smooth and Silky Conditioner will make your hair look and feel. It’s particularly helpful if you have dry hair since it won’t worsen the issue. Indeed, it transforms dry and frizzy hair after only one wash. So, you experience frizz free hair for 24 hours.
The active ingredient in this Head and Shoulders anti dandruff conditioner variant is Pyrithione Zinc (1%, Anti-Dandruff). This gives your scalp the necessary protection against dandruff. At the same time, additional moisturizers in its formulation leave your hair nourished.
The manufacturer recommends using this product alongside its shampoo to achieve better results. Although, it can also be used to supplement other brands of dandruff shampoos as well, even prescription products. The product measures 9 x 3.6 x 3.2 inches. Each bottle contains 23 fluid ounces.
Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp Anti Dandruff Conditioner
You’ll likely buy this product over and over because you’ll love how it leaves your hair after every use. Indeed, you’ll get the results you desire with the Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp Anti Dandruff Conditioner. Its active ingredient is Pyrithione Zinc 1%.
Apart from fighting dandruff, the Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp Anti Dandruff Conditioner is also effective against seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis. It’s also helpful when the season gets too cold and dries your scalp.
The manufacturer recommends using the Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp Anti Dandruff Conditioner together with the brand’s shampoo. For optimum results, leave the product on your hair for 15 to 20 minutes then cover with a plastic cap. When done, rinse completely. The product measures 1 x 1 x 8 inches. Each bottle contains 8 ounces.
What to Look For
With various brands claiming to have the best anti dandruff shampoo, it’s hard to figure out which one is actually telling the truth. As a result, you might end up trying various brands before finding the right one for you. This means your hair will take a serious beating. What’s worse, it’ll take longer before your dandruff goes away.
To ease your worries and help you get the best anti dandruff shampoo at once, make sure to think through your decision based on these factors. No doubt, you’ll make the right choice in no time at all.
- Brand – Ideally, you’d want to use an anti dandruff conditioner that’s made by a reputable brand. Using a branded product helps assure you that it underwent thorough research and production to give you a quality anti dandruff conditioner. So you’re sure it’s safe to use. Yet you don’t have to discount lesser known brands. Just make sure to read the ingredients well and check reviews to find out if other people have used. Moreover, if they’ve had favorable results from using it.
- Cost – The price of an anti dandruff conditioner would certainly vary depending on its brand. Some are expensive because of it. While others might cost a little less. However, it’s a good idea to consider cost versus quantity. Some brands are more expensive. Yet the content of each bottle will leave you feeling sorry for buying it in the first place. This is because one bottle only contains a few ounces.
- Convenience – Using an anti dandruff conditioner is similar to using a regular conditioner. So, it requires a certain amount of time to be left on your hair and scalp before rinsing in order for it to work. Some brands take only a few minutes before washing it off. However, other brands require a minimum of ten minutes before it will work. Moreover, some brands recommend daily usage to achieve the best results. The question is do you have extra time to accommodate this in the morning or every time you shampoo your hair before going out?
- Compatibility – Certain brands offer their own anti dandruff shampoo to go with their own conditioner. If you use a different brand, check if your conditioner will complement the shampoo so that you’ll get the results you want.
- Added benefits – Find out what other benefits a particular anti dandruff conditioner has to offer. Certain brands have a basic formulation to take care of dandruff. However, others offer something extra to enhance your hair further. This may include moisturizing benefits to keep hair soft and the scalp healthy.
Getting the best anti dandruff conditioner to help you take care of your scalp and hair won’t be easy. But keeping in mind these factors, namely, brand, cost, convenience, compatibility, and added benefits can help make your search easier.
As a result, you don’t have to worry if you’ve found the best anti dandruff conditioner. To help you further, make sure to look at these top products in this category. One of these could be the best anti dandruff conditioner you’ve been looking for.Was this article helpful?