The best acoustic bass guitar lets you play music without having to depend on an amp. Typically, this type of guitar is ideal for beginners since it doesn’t require additional equipment to play. Thus, you can practice with it wherever you are.
Apart from its practical benefit, an acoustic bass guitar adds a distinct tone that enriches your musical style even more. Getting the best acoustic bass guitar will be difficult if don’t know what to look for. To give you an idea, we feature the top products in this category.
Ibanez PCBE12MHOPN 4-String Acoustic Bass Guitar
You’ll be a musical sensation with the Ibanez PCBE12MHOPN 4-String Acoustic Bass Guitar. The product embodies the philosophy of the Ibanez brand. Hence, it represents how modern design can deepen the sound of the traditional acoustic guitar.
The features of the Ibanez PCBE12MHOPN 4-String Acoustic Bass Guitar would likely impress and inspire you to make whatever music you desire. Its Grand Concert body shape is made of a combination of mahogany and maple. The fret board and bridge are made of Rosewood.
The Ibanez PCBE12MHOPN 4-String Acoustic Bass Guitar also has 20 frets. The product measures 40 x 5 x 12 inches and weighs 2.6 pounds.
Michael Kelly MKDF4SKB 4-String Dragonfly Acoustic Bass, Guitar, Smoke Burst
You’ll love the Michael Kelly MKDF4SKB 4-String Dragonfly Acoustic Bass to give as a gift. On the other hand, you might consider getting one for yourself. The quality of the product is backed by the company’s 15 years of dedication to bass players. Thus, you’ll understand why Michael Kelly is the leading manufacturer of acoustic bass guitars in the market to date.
The product measures 45 x 6 x 18 inches. Its neck is made of mahogany while its acoustic bridge and fingerboard are made of rosewood. It offers a 34” scale.
Gold Tone ABG-4 Acoustic Bass Guitar (Natural)
The Gold Tone ABG-4 Acoustic Bass Guitar (Natural) is a product you’ll want to consider whether you’re a beginner or an experienced bass player. The product measures 50 x 17 x 5 inches and weighs 5.2 pounds. Thus, it’s handy to take with you if you plan to take it along to a performance.
The Gold Tone ABG-4 Acoustic Bass Guitar offers the standard 32” scale. The top is made of solid spruce. Thus, you get a crisp bass tone that’s also warm. Compared to other products in this category, this product offers a dual pickup system. So, you can use it while performing on stage or record your music.
What to look for
Finding the best acoustic guitar bass shouldn’t be hard provided you take into consideration these factors. Each factor highlights a quality that you’ll want to have.
- Body – The acoustic bass guitar is typically played alongside other musical instruments. Admittedly, it doesn’t produce a very loud sound. However, you can opt to get a large bodied acoustic bass guitar that can produce a louder sound to make it stand out. Ideally, you want one with a body that measures at least 18 inches in diameter while its depth would be 6 inches or more.
- Construction – A well-crafted acoustic bass guitar guarantees you’ll get a good sound every time you play it. Thus, make sure to inspect its construction. Check the area where the neck and body meet. There shouldn’t be any gap as this can affect the sound of the acoustic bass guitar.
- Neck – Experts advise choosing a material like maple because it’s solid and durable. In addition, it creates a better sound compared to others. Ideally, it should feel comfortable in your hand. Hence, those that are flat and thin in form would feel easier to hold.
- Finish – If you’re planning to use the acoustic bass guitar for a public performance, then you’ll need to consider this factor. The look of the instrument would add to your act by complementing your sound. But apart from aesthetics, the finish can also help hide any imperfections due to accidental scratches. This is true if you choose a matte varnish. Then again, a smooth finish makes strumming using a pick a bit easier.
- Fret – Determine the tone range you want to figure out how many frets you want in an acoustic bass guitar. If you want to reach a higher pitch then you’ll need more frets. In addition, check the construction of the frets to make sure the edges aren’t rough to cut your hand.
Shopping for the best acoustic bass guitar gets easier if you take into account these factors. Assess the construction of the body and neck to make sure it’s done well. Consider the type of finish that will help enhance your musical performance.
To help you further, remember to check out these top products in this category. Maybe one of these products possesses the qualities you’re looking for in the best acoustic bass guitar.Was this article helpful?