The Guatemala Times is Guatemala’s main English news source and made by volunteers. Our objective is to report what happens in our country to the world. The age of the internet and global communication uses English as main source of fast exchange of information. We are a 99% volunteer organization.
We have worked now for 4 years and have negotiated free material from similar minded news outlets, Think Tanks and Foundations. However, we have no funds to cover Guatemalan news more extensively or to translate very valuable material and news worthy research that is produced every day by institutions in Guatemala. We have the offer to use the material but we do not have the resources to translate them.
Because we do have expenses, we always are in need of sponsors who can secure that we can continue doing what we do. If you want to contribute financially, please e-mail us. Advertisers obviously are welcome too. If you have questions, remarks, complaints or tips, feel free write to us at email@example.com.
Institutions that kindly provide us with content.
- Project Syndicate
- In Depth News
- The International Crisis Group
- Foreign Policy in Focus
- The International Peace Institute
- United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC)
- ReVista: Harvard Review of Latin America
- The Center for International Policy
- Policy Network
- Americas Program of the Center for International Policy
- Policy Innovations, the Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs.
- Social Watch
- Transparency International
- Small Farmers Big Change
- Equal Exchange Coop
- Impunity Watch
- Global Financial Integrity
- Fundación Transform Drug Policy
- Count the Costs
- La Hora, Guatemala
- Plaza Pública, Guatemala
Our Mission, Vision and Values
To enrich people's lives with high quality online information that educates, informs and entertains.
To be the most creative online media organization about Guatemala in the World.
- We are independent, impartial and honest.
- We respect intellectual property.
- We take pride in delivering quality, creativity and diversity
The Guatemala Times team
Our team of collaborators is expanding by the day and we are adding more and more people to our core group of people and freelance journalists and photographers.
Director and Art Director
Editor in Chief
Ignacio de Wit
Board of Directors